Each year the council conducts a Wood Badge training course for Scout leaders here in Montana. We rotate the location back and forth between K-M Scout Ranch, near Lewistown in odd years, and Grizzly Base Camp in Bigfork in even years. So, this year it will be held at Grizzly Base on two weekends: May 12-14 and June 9-11.
Wood Badge is the advanced training for all Scout Leaders (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturing). It is valuable in many ways! Here are just a few that come to mind:
– You are taught and led by a staff of experienced, outstanding Scouters who will inspire and support you throughout the training.
– The sessions give you a better understanding of the aims and methods of Scouting and how you can make the program in your unit better and more productive.
– You will learn of the many resources available to help you succeed in your Scouting job.
– It is great management training for your Scouting job, and other areas of your life (many companies give time off or pay the course fee for their employees who take Wood Badge).
– You will develop a network of other great Scouters from around the state that you can turn to for advice and support.
Let me summarize – Wood Badge will make you a better Scout leader and provide you a dynamic management training experience that will make you more effective and productive in all areas of your life. Because the course moves from one side of the state to the other in opposite years, it means that if you are in the Western part of the state – now is the time to sign up and attend. Your next opportunity for a nearby course will be in 2 years.
Over the years, I have participated in many, many Wood Badge courses. I do so for several reasons – Wood Badge is important training, it always draws an outstanding staff and great participants. Besides all that, Wood Badge is fun and always lifts my spirits. Many Scouters report that Wood Badge is one of the highlights – a mountaintop experience – in their Scouting careers.
If your schedule will permit it, I highly recommend Wood Badge training. Click here for the details and registration form. Wood Badge is time well spent! Sign up today!
Yours in Scouting,