Cub Scout Packs thrive by recruiting
• Recruiting brings new kids and adults into the program.
• More scouts equal more fun!
• More adults equal more hands to help make a stronger Pack.
Recruiting is a team sport! Get everyone involved, including your Chartered Organization, Committee Chair, Cub Master, Den Leaders, New Member Coordinator, Parents and Scouts. Share ideas set a goal and make a plan to achieve your goal.
Recruitment ideas may include:
- Host a spring Open House
- Schedule a Bring A Friend Night
- Participate in school events (Kindergarten registration, parent information events or spring carnivals)
- Have your Scouts wear their uniforms to school
- Participate in spring community events or parades
- Challenge your Scouts to earn the Recruiter patch
- Start a Lion Den, if your pack doesn’t already have one
- Add a Den for girls
Here are some great recruiting tips:
- Register and train a New Member Coordinator
- Make a recruitment plan
- Set a goal
- Have a parent welcome letter or packet ready
- Have a Pack calendar available
- Make sure your Unit pin is updated on BeAScout.org
Spring is a great time to add to your pack!
Pack Recruiting Resources