Sporting Clays for Scouting 2018
On Saturday, May 12, 2018, the Boy Scouts of America, Montana Council will host its twelfth annual Sporting Clays Classic at the Billings Rod & Gun Club in Billings. Major sponsor Stockman Bank will host this premier event to benefit Scouting in Montana.
What is sporting clays?
Sporting Clays is a challenging clay target game designed to simulate field shooting. The sport originated in England in the early 1900s as practice to hone the hunter’s skills. On a sporting clays course, shooters are presented with a wide variety of targets that duplicate the flight path of game birds, such as flushing, crossing, incoming and other angling shots. In the 1980s, sporting clays came to the United States.
Compared by some to be “golf with a shotgun”, sporting clays has quickly become one of the top participation sports in the country. Action packed and exciting, sporting clays is a sure bet for an enjoyable outing. The course at Billings Rod & Gun Club features a 100-bird sporting course with fully automated traps and a 70′ tower. Targets may be thrown as singles, report pairs or true pairs depending upon the station’s menu. To further challenge shooters, target size may vary from the standard trap/skeet clay bird to the smaller “midi” and “mini” targets, or a flat disc shaped “battue” target. There are even special “rabbit” targets that are thrown on end and skitter across the ground.
11:30 a.m. Come for registration and practice at the Sporting Compak Course. Individual registrants will be divided into teams.
1 p.m. The fun begins with the Classic Main 100-target Event on the sporting clays course.
4:30 p.m. Great prizes and gifts for both individual and team competition will be given out during the awards ceremony.
- Individual Registration $125.
- Team Registration $400.
- Station Sponsorship $100.
Prizes will be awarded to the top teams in each bracket based on their gross scores. Each team will be placed in a bracket based on their experience at check-in.
- Hunter Class (Individual Average 0-39).
- C Class (Individual Average 40-55).
- B Class (Individual Average 56-70).
- A Class (individual Average 71-100).
- Proceeds benefit the Boy Scouts of America Montana Council
- Ammunition provided for practice and the round of 100 Sporting Clays
- BBQ and beverages provided
- Optional 2-man Flurry Shoot Competition for an additional cost
- Recognition for the top team in each division
- Individuals will be grouped into teams.
- Prominent recognition at your station.
- Company mentioned in all press releases.
- Prominent placement in post-tournament newsletter.
For more information, contact Kyle Lantz at 259-4513 or email@example.com