2020 Montana Council Annual Convention
With the best interests of our volunteers and employees in mind, Montana Council has decided to cancel the in-person 2020 Annual Convention, which was scheduled to take place in Missoula, May 1-3, 2020.
The decision was made after careful consideration of many variables including state and local guidelines and the needs of our attendees.
We are currently exploring ways to provide alternative opportunities to share timely information, accomplish necessary business and provide inspiration that will help us guide Scouting forward in the months and years to come.
If you had planned on attending this year’s meeting, we ask that you consider redirecting the funds you would have spent attending the meeting – for registration, travel, and your hotel stay – to the council. This will go a long way to help Scouting come back stronger after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
Our communities will need our support more than ever, and with your partnership, Scouting can be ready to help individuals and families come back together in service and adventure when the time is right.
We will be using this page as Convention Headquarters and updating as information becomes available.
Thank you for your dedicated support of Scouting.
Education, Fellowship, Food and Fun with other Scouters in Montana — A Great Time for a Great Cause
Montana Council Annual Convention in Missoula was originally scheduled for May 1-3, 2020. We are in the process of exploring ways we can continue the comradery and celebration that exists during our annual celebration while practicing social distancing and safety guidelines outlined by health officials. Montana Council is considered one of the best councils in the nation and it’s because of you, the Scouters, Scouts, volunteers and family that make up our Scouting community. Just because we are in a position to rethink convention this year doesn’t mean our admiration and appreciation for you is any different. Thank you for being the support that keeps Scouting in Montana alive.
The following information is subject to change due to the recent cancelation. We will update this information as soon as it becomes available.
Friday, May 1
- New Board Member Orientation
- Board Meeting
- 9th Annual Scouter Appreciation Night. This event is hosted annually to recognize outstanding District performance and reward all the efforts of our volunteers across the state. Something for every level of volunteer. Come and have a great time and allow the council to say “thank you” for all you do. The theme of this year’s event is “International Cultures” so feel free to represent your spirit as a District. Fun and Games! The event includes a Team 315 (Montana Council) reception and party!
Saturday, May 2
- Leadership Breakfast (all invited)
- Training Breakouts (something for everyone)
- Opening Ceremonies
- Awards Luncheon
- Seminar Breakouts (something for everyone)
- President’s Reception
- Silver Beaver Reception and Dinner
Sunday, May 3
- Departure Breakfast (all invited)
All Scouters are welcome to the Annual Convention. Learn about Scouting at all levels and how your District and Council continue to improve operations and make scouting better for all involved.