The Boy Scouts of America was founded on February 8, 1910. To celebrate, Montana Council offers an Anniversary Month Contest during the month of February.
Any Montana Council unit can earn a beautiful purple Honor Unit streamer for their unit flag pole by completing JUST TWO of the following eight activities during February:
- Create a short (approximately 30 seconds) video “Why We like Scouting!”
- Conduct a service project.
- Attend a religious service, wearing your BSA uniforms on Scout Sunday (February 7), Scout Shabbat (February 5) or another Sunday in February as determined by your faith organization.
- Create a BSA display in a business window or public library.
- Perform a flag ceremony for a school, service group, governmental meeting, or care facility.
- Write a letter to the Editor. Thank your community for their support of Scouting and name a few of your unit’s service projects.
- Secure a Proclamation from a governmental official, recognizing February 8 as Boy Scouts of America Day.
- Wear your BSA uniforms to school one day.
The deadline for 2021 is Thursday, March 11.
Email Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Thursday, March 11th, 2021, and tell her the activities your unit completed. You will then receive your Honor Unit ribbon.
The Units (one Pack, one Troop, one Crew) that submit the best information (photos, news articles, or videos) about their activities will receive special awards, including Scout Bucks for each registered youth, a special BSA plaque and paid luncheon tickets for two leaders and two Scouts to Montana Council’s Annual Awards luncheon (if held).
Have a question? Please contact Mary Matelich, Vice-President Public Relations, email@example.com
We look forward to your participation in the Anniversary Month Contest!