The Boy Scouts of America was founded on February 8, 1910. To celebrate, Montana Council offers an Anniversary Month Contest during the month of February.
Any Montana Council unit can earn a beautiful purple Honor Unit streamer for their unit flag pole by completing any TWO of the following eight activities during February:
1. Create a short (approximately 30 seconds) video “Why We like Scouting!”
2. Conduct a service project
3. Attend a religious service, wearing your BSA uniforms on Scout Sunday (February 9) or Scout Sabbath (February 7) or another Sunday in February, as determined by your faith organization
4. Create a BSA display in a business window
5. Perform a flag ceremony for a school, service group, governmental meeting, or care facility
6. Write a letter to the Editor. Thank your community for their support of Scouting and name a few of your unit’s service projects
7. Secure a Proclamation from a governmental official, recognizing February 8 as Boy Scouts of America Day
8. Wear your BSA uniforms to school one day
Email Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell her the activities your unit completed. You will then receive your Honor Unit ribbon.
The deadline for 2020 is Thursday, March 12.
The Units (one Pack, one Troop, one Crew) that submit the best information (photos, news articles, or videos) about their activities will receive special awards, including paid luncheon tickets for two leaders and two Scouts to Montana Council’s Annual Awards luncheon on Saturday, May 2 in Missoula, a Troop plaque and Scout Bucks for each registered youth!
Have a question? Please contact Mary Matelich, Vice-President Public Relations, email@example.com
We look forward to your participation in the Anniversary Month Contest!