Perhaps nothing is more important to us than the safety of our youth. Not just the youth in our program, but youth in general.
As we close out 2018, it is imperative that everyone is compliant to the new Youth Protection Training standard. There are many who have not completed this training. This is a requirement and is mandatory for all registered Scouters and must be completed PRIOR to registration on a unit charter.
As time is short, we encourage you to work the training through the online portal from my.scouting.com.
To access the online training, complete the following steps:
1) Log into my.scouting.org using your standard username and password. If you do not have a BSA member number, you can still create an account and access the training.
2) Once logged into your account, look to the right-hand side for the Youth Protection Shield. Click anywhere in the shield. This will open a new tab in your browser containing the training.
3) The training consists of 4 modules
4) Each module can be taken independently, but all modules MUST be completed to receive credit for the course.
5) The training will remember which module you need to take in sequence, so if you are interrupted prior to completion, just re-access the training and continue to the end.
6) Once this training is completed, the system will generate a PDF showing completion and update your specific training records within 24 hours of completion.
7) That’s it!
Montana Council prides itself on leading the nation on having all our Scouters be 100% compliant with this important training. Youth Protection begins with YOU!