The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Venturing Oath.
Additional Required Elements
This nomination form must be used for council, area, region, and national award consideration.
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
- Due to the respective recipients April 1.
- Councils may present two awards for youth members per year for up to 50 crews/ships, and one additional youth recognition per year for each fraction of 25 crews/ships above 50 (e.g., for 51 registered crews/ships, a total of three youth awards may be presented; for 78 crew/ships, four youth awards may be presented).
- Areas may present eight awards per year.
- Regions may present eight awards per year.
- National may present eight awards per year.
- Council Leadership Award recommendations are only to be sent to the local council office.