Every Scout and Venturing unit is encouraged to send at least one youth to National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT.)
This is an exciting, action-packed coed training course designed to provide all youth members of the Boy Scouts of America with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
K-M Scout Ranch: June 23rd – 29th, 2019
Grizzly Base: June 16th – 22nd, 2019
The NYLT Course Fee of $250 is due in full before the course date.
What is National Youth Leadership Training?
NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide all youth members of the Boy Scouts of America with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
Montana Council is offering this National Youth Leadership Training course which emphasizes the operation of an adult led, youth run unit and is closely linked to the Wood Badge course.
The presentations are conducted by NYLT trained youth working under the leadership of Wood Badge trained adults.
Who may attend?
THIS IS A COED EVENT! This training is open to Boy Scouts and Ventures who meet the following criteria:
- At least 13 years old by June 30th, 2018, but not yet 18.
- At least First Class rank, knowing basic camping skills.
- Currently serving in a position of responsibility (or have the skills and abilities to do so in the future).
- Be recommended/approved by the Scoutmaster/Advisor (experience tells us that the amount of benefit a participant will get from the training is directly proportional to his/her level of maturity, attitude and focus).
- For more information or to register visit: Montana Council NYLT