There is still plenty of room for more youth to take advantage of attending the 2017 National Scout Jamboree. Below you can find a schedule of the once-in-a-lifetime events.
We have room for 36 Boy Scouts and 5 Venturers to attend this life changing event. If you know of someone who might be interested in participating please encourage them to do so right away. The committee is starting to put on a full court press to get the word out and really promote this opportunity so we could start filling up quickly!
We have finished selecting our Troop and Venture Patrol adult leadership. Our two Scoutmasters are Tony Higuera and Billy Andrews, our four assistant Scoutmasters are Michael Zielinski, Dennie Stephenson, Alan Lohof and Ed Leas. Our 3rd Assistant Scoutmasters are Douglas Stobie and Brian Felter. Last but certainly not least our Venture Patrol Advisor is Heather Hummert. The committee also consists of former leaders of prior Jamboree contingents.
There are several of you that are behind in a few of the steps it takes to be caught up with where we should be right now. Please make sure you have completed each step of the process:
- Registered online at the Jamboree website. Click on the following link: Jamboree Registration – The Summit Bechtel Reserve
- Send in the Montana Council flier registration with your personal information.
- Paid the $100 nonrefundable deposit.
- Paid the first payment of $550 that was due on May 31st.
- Although not due just yet but will be soon enough the second payment of $550 due on July 31st.
Please contact Michelle Ferguson or Kyle Smith in the Great Falls office (761-6000) if you have any questions about completing any of these steps.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- May 31, 2016 $550
- July 31, 2016 $550
- September 30, 2016 $550
- January 31, 2017 $500
- March 31, 2017 $550
You will need your scout’s membership ID number. You can call the Great Falls office to get it if you don’t have it. Phone: 761-6000
The web address is as follows:
The Jamboree itinerary looks like this:
- July 15th (Saturday) depart Montana for Washington DC. Arrive in Washington, DC late afternoon and participate in a guided tour of the Vietnam Veterans and Korean War Veterans Memorials.
- July 16th (Sunday) Continue tour of Washington DC Tour will consist of visiting Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Museums (all afternoon), and Boy Scout Memorial. For those who wish to participate we can plan a Scouts Own Service.
- July 17th (Monday) Continue tour of Washington, DC. Tour will consist of Visit to the Capitol Building with a meet and greet with Steve Daines or Jon Testor (hopefully), Pentagon 911 Memorial, Supreme Court and Library of Congress, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, Lincoln Memorial. We are also hoping to set up a tour of the Pentagon with a contact we have through our committee.
- July 18th (Tuesday) Leave Washington DC headed for West Virginia with stops along the way Tour will consist of George Washington’s Mt Vernon, Monticello in Charlottesville, VA.
- July 19th (Wednesday) Arrive at the Summit for the Jamboree July 19th- June 28th Jamboree activities! July 28th (Friday) Depart the Summit and head to Charlotte, NC. Tour will consist of NASCAR Hall of Fame, simulator rides, Charlotte Motor Speedway and the “Over the Wall Tour.”
- July 29th (Saturday) Depart Charlotte, NC and return to Montana
The calendar of events we need each participant to attend is below. Each activity has specific items we will need to accomplish so attendance is crucial to being ready to go. YES, THESE ARE MANDATORY EVENTS!
September 9-11, 2016 Meet & Greet Campout at Scout Service Center in Great Falls- This campout is intended to be a meet and greet between the families, Scouts and the Jamboree leadership. We will also have a parent’s session for Questions & Answers and help set the expectations of how this experience will take place. Families are encouraged to attend. Scouts who are going on the Jamboree trip will be free, families who stay and eat with us will need to pay a small fee to cover food.
February 11, 2017 Troop Meeting at Carroll College in Helena- This meeting will be important for some of the paperwork we will need to have turned in including physicals, travel documents, order forms for t-shirts, patches. Etc. We will also have t-shirt samples so you can order the right size t-shirt. This will be a day meeting and lunch will be served.
June 16-18, 2017 Pre-Jamboree Shakedown Campout at Scout Service Center in Great Falls. This campout is extremely important as we will issue all provided items including t-shirts, hat, neckerchief, duffel bag and patches along with all items you purchase including extra t-shirts and patches. We will also work on any last minute documents or requirements needed to participate in the Jamboree.