Celebrate the BSA’s 108th Anniversary in February 2018!
Every unit that completes any two of the following activities in February will earn the purple Honor Unit streamer:
- Create a video on why you enjoy Scouting (maximum 45 seconds).
- Attend a religious service, wearing your BSA uniforms. (Scout Sunday is Feb. 4th; Scout Sabbath is Feb. 10th.)
- Put up a BSA display in a business’ window or public venue (with permission).
- Conduct a service project.
- Perform a flag ceremony outside of your unit’s meeting, wearing Scout uniforms, for a school, service group, governmental meeting, sporting event, or other appropriate gatherings.
- Write a letter to the Editor. Thank your community for their support of Scouting; mention your service projects.
- Secure a Mayoral Proclamation, recognizing the BSA’s Scout Week, Feb. 4th-10th.
- Wear your BSA uniforms to school one day.
Four winning Units (Pack, Small Troop, Large Troop, Crew) that submit the best information (photos, proclamation, news articles, video, etc.) about their February activities will receive special awards at the Annual Montana Council meeting April 28th in Billings.
Thanks in advance for participating!
For more information visit the Anniversary Month Contest on the Montana Council website.
2017 Anniversary Month Honor Unit Winners:
Pack 302, Roundup
- Made Valentine’s cards for a retirement home.
- Performed a flag ceremony for the Masons.
- Wore their Scout uniforms to school the last day of February.
- Met with a police officer and firemen to learn safety and what they can do to help their community.
Troop 1206, Helena
- Produced a Video “What We Like About Scouting”
- Secured a Mayoral Proclamation recognizing the BSA’s Scout Week, Feb. 5th-11th from the Mayor of Helena Montana. See the video!
- Set up Scout Window Display at the Lewis and Clark Library.
- Wrote a letter to the Editor of Helena Independent Record thanking community for their support of Scouting.
- Scouts attend religious services on Scout Sunday, wearing their BSA uniforms at three churches.
- Performed a flag ceremony at the American Legion meeting.
- Conducted conservation project – cleaning and maintaining duck boxes and birdhouses at Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir.
- Wore BSA uniforms to Capital High School.
- Performed a flag ceremony with Girl Scout Troop 3769 at Scout Night at Bighorn game.
Troop 1001, Great Falls
- Set up a window display at Amazing Toys.
- Scout Sunday was celebrated at two different religious ceremonies.
- Participated in a Flag Ceremony at the opening of the Great Falls City Council Meeting.
- Asked for and received a proclamation from the Mayor of Great Falls.
- Participated in a Flag Ceremony at Hockey Game.
- Conducted a service project picking up trash and debris around the Moose Lodge in Black Eagle.
- Submitted a Letter to the Editor to the Great Falls Tribune.
Crew 2028, Billings
- Attended church on Scout Sunday in uniform and helped welcome guests to the church.
- Helped plan and organize Merit Badge University at MSUB.
- Taught Merit Badges (Sustainability, Oceanography, and Pulp and Paper) at Merit Badge University at MSUB.
- Received proclamations for Boy Scout Day from Billings Mayor Tom Hanel and Montana Governor Steve Bullock.